• March 9 - Daylight Saving Time begins, move clocks ahead
• March 27 - School in session winter weather make-up day
• March 27 - End of Third Quarter
• March 28 - NO SCHOOL Teacher Flex Day
• March 29 through April 4 - NO SCHOOL Spring Break
• April 7 - Fourth Quarter Begins
• April 29 - Parent/Teacher/Student Conferences (times to be
• May 2 - School in session winter weather make-up day
• May 26 - NO SCHOOL Memorial Day
• June 5 - Last day of school
• June 5 - Graduation for KG and 8th grade in the afternoon,
12th grade in the evening
•_______Who we are:
• Learning for Leadership is a public school founded in 2006.
• We enroll up to 260 students annually from grades K-12.
• We are conveniently located on the west side of Columbia Park &
• We offer small class sizes with creative spaces for sciences,
technology and the arts. Also, a library, gym and projects display
•_______What we provide our students:
• A full public school curriculum, testing and credit assignment.
• A staff of MN licensed teachers passionate about education.
• Separate learning environments for elementary, middle and high
• Great visual arts programs, including pottery.
• Learning beyond the classroom with many opportunities for
project-based learning and field work.
A place of new learning strategies
We try to bus students within a block or two of their
home. The areas we bus from include Columbia
Heights, Hilltop, St. Anthony, most of Minneapolis,
and parts of Fridley. Please call for busing availability.
For more program information -
browse our website and/or call
An enrollment application form is also
located on the website.... but make
some time to call and/or stop in so we
can answer your specific questions.
Your Neighborhood School
• School hours for 2013-2014 are 7:30 - 2:30
• The first day of school is August 26, 2013
NOTICE: School board meeting
Wednesday, 3/26/14 5:30 pm
LLCS has scheduled two make-up
days on Thursday 3/27/14 and